1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I finally saw Indy 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by king cranium maximus IV, Dec 19, 2008.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

[​IMG]

2. Hiro

Hiro Member

............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,<`..
    ,-&``................`\..............

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can you go post that in the thread where the rest of us thought it sucked, too? Thanks.

4. Hiro

Hiro Member

Also:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm not sure a single thread is enough to declare just how much this film plunged the depths of suck.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I rented it a few days ago to see if it really lives down to its billing on SportsJournalists.com. Still can't bring myself to watch it. This thread may have sealed it.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh, come on people. It's not that bad. I mean, aside from the swingin' with the monkeys, the aliens, the lame refrigerator quandary.....

Oh, shit. It did suck.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The bad CGI, the entire premise, Shia LeBouf (who they had better not tap to continue this, or I will scream)....

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I do NOT understand why he is in like every fucking action movie these days. He's not hot. He just isn't. And he can't act either!

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't get the LeBouf buzz either, he was okay in Disturbia but nothing great. Next thing you know Spielberg casts him in Indy, Bay casts him in Transformers and he's everywhere. I don't see what they see in him, I can't remember a really dramatic scene he's done that showed anything. Emile Hirsch was better in Into The Wild and Milk (nutguards for Speed Racer).

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I live in a city with no movie theaters, no Blockbusters and Netflix doesn't deliver.

I long for American culture. I get a jolt when I hear English spoken.

That said, I watched Indy 4 on surfthechannel recently and regretted every minute it took to stream on my 128-speed dialup and every second I spent watching it.

The upside is I won't have to update my boxed collection. Three is enough. More than enough, really, with "Temple."

But I'll take Short Round over Shia any day. (Never seen either of those two actors outside their respective Indy movies.)

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's better than II in some parts, worse in others.

Though the more I contemplate it in the rearview mirror, the worse I know it is.

If you're over 12, I can't imagine anyone leaving the theatre or their living room
    satisfied.

Draft saved Draft deleted