1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I bought a new house...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Mar 31, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Gomer, I'm officially jealous. I turn 48 this May and I still live like a college student. :-\

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Nothing wrong with living however you live as long as you're happy. A house has nothing to do with that.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

BTW, there's no way you should have to replace your roof after 5-6 years unless it's thatched.

Even the crappiest roof should last ten and if your builder put halfway decent shingles you might get 15-20

Same with the driveway. An asphalt one should do you for at least five---and more if you don't live in a section of the country where you get freezing winters.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, if you have time when you come out, let us know. We could assemble a small group to go out for dinner/drinks.

5. joe

joe Active Member

Five bedrooms? I say it takes your wife two years, tops, to fill them with all sorts of shit, doo-dads and hee-haws and crap you'd never think of. My wallet weeps for thee.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Shit, doo-dads and hee-haws is no way to refer to the future Gomers II-IV.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It evens out because Gomer will fill the garage and any other outbuildings with so much stuff that no vehicle could possibly be parked inside.

Not that I would know anything about that sort of thing.

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I only agreed to Gomers II through II.V. I can only assume that we will fill the other 2.5 rooms with doo-dads.

I already have secured 10 old tires for the backyard. Am working on finding a broken-down truck on blocks.

Oh, and JR, I'll certainly let you know but at the moment we're looking pretty well booked up. If we can find time I'll PM you and we can go from there.

Draft saved Draft deleted