1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So how's your golf game these days?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, May 31, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Depends on what you want......you can go to your local Wal-Mart (HI BUBBLER!) for $30.00 (WHICH I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE!)....or you can go online to www.golfsmith.com.......or www.edwinwatts.com......probably $90 or so gets you a nice Titleist, Cleveland, Nike.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

readjust your game then.
    Take out a 7-iron and try to bump and run instead

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

7 can definitely be another option. Around 50-60 yards, I used to hit wedge and consistently went either long or short of the green, never on. Changed to the 7 and the results are pretty much the reverse of what they used to be.

Carded a 99 on Sunday in my first real time out this year. Not bad, considering I was sitting 26 after 4 holes. been out on a par 3 course a couple times with the wife and kids and went 34 for nine last time.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I use my pitching wedge exclusively from 100 in, unless I'm off the green with a flat shot to the hole, but too far to putt. Then I use a 5-iron. But my Paw told me once to stick with one club to chip with until you feel comfortable using others. Well, I'm not good enough like that fuckhead Chef to start toying with other clubs.

I love playing golf, but I came to the conclusion years ago that I'll never be any good, so might as well have some fun instead of getting pissed with a shank.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Non-existent. Last time I played was June 8 of last year. Through the years, though I have found that the first couple times out are better than the rest because I'm swinging easily and not trying to kill the ball.
    That said, our grossly obese (four bills, probably) advertising director wants to play for a dollar a hole sometime.
    Eighteen easy dollars. It doesn't take long to warm up a Cadillac. ;) ;D

6. And I will soon have some fine steak.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Ugh too busy for my liking to get 18 in. Sat at the first tee and watched two foursomes tear up the fairway. I said the hell with it and made sure no one was making the turn for a while and headed to the back nine. Shot a 43 and that's with me taking some stupid strokes (OB, water). All in all not too bad.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I shot a 96 the other day.
    That was good for me.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'd love to break 100 without the use of mulligans.

10. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

my particular choice is a 9-iron, but everyone got a different favorite. Again, go to the driving range, medium bucket, nothing but 1/2 swings, 1/4 swings to find out which one works best for you. I always start my driving range routine with knockdown shots up to full swings after i stretch (my back, she hates me).

And to answer your favorite club question? it's a 4-iron. Of course, i didn't have any "wood" clubs in my bag for over 2 years. 9 irons and a putter. made lugging them around a lot easier on a hot day too.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Played today and went 48, 43. Still waaaaayyyy too inconsistent to make any headway.

Several three putts ... again.

Anyone seeing a pattern?

Draft saved Draft deleted