1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

so f'n close to bein' rich, bitch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Sep 2, 2007.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

Just got off the phone with the parents. My dad was watching the news and a story about the Mega Millions 300 million dollar lotto came on. They were showing the photos of the New Jersey winner ande my dad thought they had looked familiar. Then the story mentioned that they had bought their ticket in the exact same store that my dad had bought his ticket earlier. In fact he remembered them from being the people DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THEM IN LINE. My dad said he got out of line real quick because he forgot to pick up ketchup and when he went back they were in line and bought a couple lotto tickets. GOD DAMNIT!! Fuck the ketchup dad!!!! I could have been typing this about 50 million dollars richer. And your fucking right I would have lived off my god damn rich parents for a while.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but i bet that is some tasty tomato sauce.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Ouch...

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Did your dad pick his own numbers or go quick pick? And how about the dude in front of him?

I'm just trying to give you a reason not to hate your father for the rest of his days. ;)

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And the winner probably thought about getting ketchup but forgot about it or ignored it.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's always been my dream to live off my parents.

Seriously, that would be awesome: Working only to fight the boredom and not fretting a single bill. What a life.

And that better have been a bottle of Heinz ketchup and not some cheap brand like Hunts. Because that's a totally different reason to hate the old man.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

And if it was off-brand "catsup," well, your pops better sleep with one eye open tonight.

8. XXXX

XXXX Member

they both did random numbers and it was like valu rite ketchup some cheap ass knockoff shit that he just needed to put on cheseburgers, so guess where pops is goin when he gets older and starts breaking down?

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Better take the laces out of your dad's shoes when you leave him home alone.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How do you know they would have given you a cut of the money if they had won? ;D

11. This could make for a very fun and interesting story angle...

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

This is why I'm a fool to play "my own" numbers all the time, based on birthdays and jersey numbers and stuff. I just know that the one time I forget to buy a ticket -- like, surgery or something -- "my" numbers are going to win but "I" will not have them!

Then I'll be the one pulling a Brooks from Shawshank.

Too late to just go random now, though. Because I'd still know that it was "my" numbers that won, even if it happens 50 years from now.

So now I play the lottery not to win millions of dollars, but to avoid losing millions of dollars. :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted