1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, does this help or hurt the print resume?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by novelist_wannabe, Mar 5, 2010.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Red & Black reporters arrested ...

http://www.redandblack.com/2010/03/05/red-black-crime-reporter-sportswriter-arrested/

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Why is this a story? Because they wish they were as high profile as the football players whose arrests the paper writes about? Weak.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

The proverbial rock and a hard place. If you don't run it, you open yourself to criticism that you're protecting your own.

4. awriter

awriter Active Member

There's this thing called a police blotter, and from what I read, that's where this belongs. It's not news.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Looks like these guys ran afoul of the student paper's editor in chief.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

i'd hire 'em

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I don't suspect the Red & Black has a police blotter, so I think a short item like this is fine.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

How come they weren't smiling?

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I like that Smart Mop commercial that comes on TV late at night, especially when he puts it in the water bucket then holds it over his head and says "Best part? No Drip"s.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Wow. That's profound. Late at night, I'm usually getting my rest next to someone very warm a cuddly who loves me back while you are watching TV commercials. You must really love electronic devices.

11. HorseWhipped

HorseWhipped Guest

[​IMG]

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

How do they have a police reporter then? Unless they're a fan of titles, it seems silly to identify someone as a "police reporter" unless that is their regular beat.

Draft saved Draft deleted