1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So apparently someone I've never met thinks I need Jesus....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 21, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it is all good, but there was some real good stuff, particularly back in the 1980's when it was actually still rock and roll.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

STRYPER!

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

The former Colts punter, Hunter Smith, has a Christian rock band. When I still worked in Indiana, he came to the church of our local high school's radio guy and gave a concert.

Mainly as a favor to the radio guy, I went and did a story and interviewed Smith, but came away liking the music too. It wasn't preachy, and it was actually pretty good, I thought.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL!!!!

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Great band. Well, great song at least...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Grades 7-12 for me came when we lived in a small town -- and by small town I mean a village of 600 people. We still however, had Jehovahs going door-to-door. My dad is the only minister in town, and they would still knock on the door every couple of weeks or so and try their pitch even if my dad answered wearing his collar. They eventually got the message after a few years. But hey if they are anything they are persistant.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I live in Canada and work for a Canadian paper, went to a Union meeting a couple of weeks ago because the owner wanted to make some provisions to the CBA. Of course the debate is not one of the most civil in the world. Our Union lawyer or leader -- actually I'm not entirely sure of his exact role, but he was leading the meeting and had been negotiating with head office -- actually went as far as to basically say, we should be so lucky to only have to make these concessions. The shitty state of the paper industry -- keep in mind the whole Canadian thing -- is all Bush's fault.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Kthanx.

http://ginavivinetto.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/aae.jpg

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They weren't living there at the time. This was several years ago.

It would have been funny to watch, though.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Dear Lord, please help me bench 275. I promise I'll stop taking your name in vain. At least for the rest of the day.

Draft saved Draft deleted