1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So apparently someone I've never met thinks I need Jesus....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 21, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

schieza, I'd consider it a victory that you went out in public and didn't get punched.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That had better be in Gothic.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The only reason a guy should talk to another guy at the gym is to chastise him for leaving sweaty assprints.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

People don't bother me in public actually. It's only on message board and in the back room of adult video stores ...

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

she should tell them to talk to the people across the street

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, if you waited until you got home to "enjoy" the videos...

7. schiezainc

Sorry, I'm just so torn up about this whole Late Night thing that I feel the need to go into these stores and pretend I'm the masturbating bear. :)

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I wish I was accosted at the gym merely about Christianity. Instead, there's some 50s-ish hairy-assed guy that insists on walking naked around the locker room, getting himself ready in front of the mirror naked, and making small talk to anyone who passes by. The other day he was naked, talking to me about why he doesn't like the Red Cross.

You'd think years as a sportswriter would make me more comfortable with chatting up naked men in a locker room, but that's only if I'm asking questions while trying to push a TV guy out of the way.

9. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I never know what to say to that kind of stuff either. Once I was working at a small weekly and answered the phone when an advertiser called in. I was about to transfer him, when he asked if he could ask me a question. I was kind of new there, so I thought he might ask where I was from or what department I was in, but no, he wanted to know if I had found Christian and what religion I was. I was flabbergasted. I just said yes, to avoid being drug into a conversation, but it made me a little miffed that I lied just because he so rude to as ask me something like that.

10. schiezainc

The last gym I went to before my current place was like that. Every day I'd go there and there were always, always, no matter the time of day/night, three-four naked dudes in the lockerroom just talking to each other.

I always wondered why people felt it was OK to just walk around a public place like the gym lockerroom with their twiggs and berries hanging out.

I get the locker room mentality, but this isn't football practice. You're sharing the room with people you've never met, the first impression I get of you shouldn't be "Ok, gotta turn me head or I'm gonna see your balls."

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

couldn't agree more

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I've listened to several folks and their religious pitches. Every time - and I mean every time - they play the "we're right and so-and-so is wrong" card, we're done. Hell, I'm Catholic and even I'm not arrogant enough to think my guys have all the right answers and everyone else is wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted