1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So angry, so very angry (Not so much now, thanks)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wife and I go to the OB/GYN today for the 20-week ultrasound. Nurse tells us to bring a DVD-RW and they'll burn us a video of the ultrasound. We do it.

Get home tonight, pop the DVD in the iMac and there's nothing on it. Well, I take that back. There's the title screen that says "1 08/12/2008 22:04.14." Click on that to start the video and the timer starts rolling, but the title screen remains.

The wife is pretty laid back about it. This is odd to me, because she normally is quick to let people know when they've not done their job correctly. "I'm going to write a letter" has become one of my go-to jokes because that's what she'll often do when, say, a hotel clerk is rude.

So, I guess, it's going to fall to me to handle this. Nothing wrong with a simple e-mail letting the OB/GYN office know we didn't get any video, right?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Re: So angry, so very angry

That's pretty important -- at least it would be to me. Instead of an e-mail, I'd make a phone call and let someone know I'm more than a little ticked off.

If nothing else, you guys should get to go back and get another one.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I see nothing wrong with that.... some things you can never get back. If you give them the heads up, another couple may not miss out...

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Stay calm in front of the wife. She needs all the stress-free days she can get.

But yeah, I would make a polite call to the office. And if they don't fix it (and they probably can't, that's not a cheap machine to fire up), then you go Juno's mom on them.

5. Re: So angry, so very angry

I wouldn't get too upset over it. Just call them and tell them it didn't work. Maybe they'll offer to do it again.

Also, if you have $150 lying around, you and your wife can get a 3D ultrasound when the baby is a little further along. Wife got one and loves it.

6. Inky_Wretch

Dixie, you're exactly right. I've moved to the back of the house, while the Mrs watches the Olympics in the living room.

Odd thing, I found the OB/GYN's Web site. They don't have an e-mail link on it. Effers!

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Want me to take a dump in their bathroom?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Upperdeck 'em.

9. Inky_Wretch

I will pay you cash money.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Done and done. And I mean done.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is it that big a deal these days to get an ultrasound? When is your next one scheduled? Do you have the stills?

12. Inky_Wretch

No, they're common. And we'll have another one before the due date. Yes, we've got the stills.

But we were promised a video, which we didn't get because the tech forgot to hit "record." That angers me.

Admittedly, I might be overreacting because it's our first child.

Draft saved Draft deleted