1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, Amy Winehouse denied entry into the US

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about Mr. Tony. I know he knows who Etta James is. I was talking about his snickering peanut gallery, but I guess if he plays old music on his show, maybe the staff knows of her too.

I just laugh when the young ones bust on an old geezer for not knowing about the "Neck" fad by college marching bands, yet they never heard of Sly and the Family Stone. It's like on the board when the twentysomethings talk about dead weight on sports department staffs and aren't prepared to acknowledge the fresh-out-of-school effin' studs who don't know crapola about history.

But, I'm still laughing at Mr. Tony. Good line.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

E had a half-hour True Hollywood Story about her today. Looks like it was thrown together at the last minute to tie in with the Grammys. I don't ever remember a THS being only 30 minutes.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I've seen them do it before, and then expand it to an hour once the person in question went completely off the rails.

I'm guessing they're saving the second half-hour for the (even greater?) descent.

Draft saved Draft deleted