1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So after 48 hours, my daughter’s Tik Tok has 400,000 views and 90,000 likes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

She’s had Tik Tok for a couple years now and has 10-15 videos on there.

It is a balancing act with what she can and cannot do. If you helicopter your kid too much they will never take risks, but I also don’t want to see her get burned.

And 400,000 TickTock views is not the same as 400,000 YouTube views. It seems much easier to get a lot of TickTock views

maumann likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It’s robots.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

160,000 likes
    21,000 followers

Wenders, Neutral Corner and maumann like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Scout is George Conway.

Seriously though, good on her.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s just the foot fetish people being creepy.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Could be, but there were no feet in the making of that video.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Vombatus and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I know nothing of TikTok, but my daughter has an old teammate (19) who is closing in on 6 million followers. Nice kid, she has some sort of representation now, I’m not sure what the monetization is.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So my daughter can delete the negative comments and keep the ones she likes.

It's actually really cool to read. And she has 3,000 of them.

Wenders and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That is wild.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Two BILLION downloads of the app! That just shows how quickly content consumption is changing worldwide, and will only continue to get more and more diverse and yet the reach will be more widespread. And you know there's something after TikTok and something after that.

At 62, it no longer matters to me, but it just shows how far behind the wave I am when it comes to being part of "the next big thing." And it's not just me. A lot of well-paid media consultants and execs have bet the house on over-the-top streaming, and that doesn't seem to be anything close to what the next generation of consumers will be interested in.

Influencers are way more valuable than somebody in a corner office yelling "pivot to video!" Wouldn't it be awesome if your daughter is one of those trailblazers?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I still haven’t downloaded TikTok. Are the private data concerns still real?

But then I think yeah, that horse done left the barn when we started tweeting about our favorite TV shows serving up opuses about our bowel movements on Facebook.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted