1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So a coach told me to go F*** myself three times today

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by schiezainc, Oct 4, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Schiez, you have just won most convoluted psot of the year award (new catgery in the SportsJournalists.com awards?)
    I have no freaking idea what you're talking about.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm really out of it right now. Just got out of work a couple hours ago after working 39 hours in two and a half days.

To summarize: I cover the team because they play once a week, I work at a series or weekly papers, and it lightens my workload. I do not want to cover them. I do not enjoy covering them. I wish they would go away. But, I am unable to make those wishes come true.

Better?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yup, got it.
    Translation:

"It's easier for me to cover this dogshit team and fill some space (i.e, lighten my workload) than to actually have to work to find something interesting to write about another sport/team/athlete at Podunk High."

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He's lying, or so I've heard ;)

5. I believe a follow-up question is needed here.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that he is mandated to cover them because one of the weeklies he writes for only covers that school.

But, how did you use this phrase? Did you the loss hurt as much as Johnny's broken ankle? That type of thing isn't necessary.

Draft saved Draft deleted