1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snowghazi 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 22, 2016.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's coming down pretty good in Richmond ... I'm on the Chef plan. Have a couple of sixers of good IPA in the fridge, plenty of food, Netflix, Fallout4 and other PS4 games, OnDemand, Caps tonight, etc. I won't be bored. Just hope the power stays on.

Hope this thing stays on schedule since I have to fly to MSP on Monday. I think it's warmer there right now, actually ...

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Never mind on the Caps. NHL postponed it.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

On the bright side, 92,000 people in Atlanta can read all about it in the AJC this weekend.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Goddamn, I would like to hear IJAG use a CB radio. I've forgotten who here on the board knows her and where she lives. Someone should tell her to get her ass back on here. Care Bear and YGBFKM too.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

As they say, if you don't like the weather in Mississippi, wait a day. Yesterday, it was 65 with serious thunderstorms and some tornado activity. Today, it's 35 and dropping like a rock (low tonight around 25, with a wind chill of about 15). I know that doesn't sound too bad for a lot of you, but down here that's f-in cold.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Just a word of warning for those of you in the path of Snowghazi: If you have DirecTV, or UVerse or Dish Network, hopefully your dish is in an accessible place and not on the roof, because you may need to brush it off with a broom every now and then, depending on how much snow gets on it.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Canes-Rangers coming on from Raleigh. Looks like they'll be lucky to have 500 in the stands.

EDIT: It's filled in some, might be a couple thousand. And God bless them, because I sure as shit wouldn't go out in an ice storm for a night's entertainment.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll still regale each other with tales about the Blizzard of '78 and talk about how it's a conspiracy by God to keep Boston out of the snowstorm.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I ran into some light snow on my way into work this afternoon. Literally 24 hours earlier, I was trying to outrun a severe thunderstorm on the way home.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Who?

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Who else is in Richmond? You, me, Devil, Sunshine? Whose house can I bring my family to when our power inevitably goes out?

Draft saved Draft deleted