1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snowghazi 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Condolences - that sounds like a $10K+ job. I would have played Powerball last week.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep, luckily I had stashed away money to re-tile the two upstairs bathrooms, buy a generator and get some tree work done. Those things will now have to wait a few more months.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As long as the heat doesn't crap out, I think it would be a fun weekend.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The Annual Atlanta Weather Panic is in full effect. I get to go home at noon. Many metro schools closed, as did many government buildings. People are stocking up at grocery stores.

It is cold and rainy.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Charlotte has been moved to Saturday afternoon.

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Mrs. CyclingWriter was just about to hashtag on social media and asked me to spell apocalypse (since I am the writer in the house). I told her to use snowghazi. She asked who is saying that. I googled quickly...this page was about third in the feed.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You might be stranded overnight.
    Has Atlanta forgotten the Panic Nightmare already?

Armchair_QB likes this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Mike Puma and Jack O'Connell and the rest of the NY Chapter of the BBWAA, who are handing out the major awards at their annual dinner on Saturday night. I'm sure flights getting into town are already being cancelled and a lot of people won't be able to get into town in the middle of the storm. I'm going to try to get there.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That panic has led to a brand new panic where if there is a slight chance of flurries, we board up our windows and start communicating by CB radio.

Vombatus, Chef2 and Dyno like this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And nobody's talking about what happened the last time everyone shut down and went home all at once?

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Go to the liquor store.......pick up a couple 30 packs of your favorite beer.
    Go to a Winn-Dixie or whatever you have......pick up several microwave pizzas, bags of chicken nuggets, wings, whatever.........
    Curl your fat asses up underneath a blanket in your favorite recliner........drunk post on SJ......watch some college basketball and rail on how comically bad Doris Burke is, and how bad McDonough wants to unplug her headset........
    Just plan to stay inside and not deal with the lunacy.
    It's not really that complicated.

old_tony, JackReacher and BDC99 like this.
  12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think you are the first person I've seen knock Doris Burke.

Draft saved Draft deleted