1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I imagine a lot of the change is just "catching up" after the pandemic. People who might have left two years ago stayed on with the election and pandemic anso d a lot of production was delayed for other projects so they stayed on until more things got back on line and they could leave for more solid opportunities.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Wow, Brendan Gleeson. He's awesome. Never would have guessed him for SNL host.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know Chris Redd has some talent. There was just something there that never clicked for me.

I think I'd like to see Jeremy Allen White do a host turn.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

After seeing The Bear, man - it's kind of a shame that a decade of his career was probably "wasted" on Shameless. S2 of The Bear is probably slated for the summer of fall of 2023 though, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's the host at that point.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Love this opening sketch within a sketch. Can't tell if this Peyton Manning is the host or one of the newbies, but I love the impression.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That Peyton impersonation by Miles Teller was really good.

8. nietsroob17

Surprised they didn't give James Austin Johnson and Sarah Sherman the promotion, especially since they bumped up Andrew Dismukes and Punkie Johnson.

As many cast members as they had in the past, it felt so weird to get from Che to Yang so quickly.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

The rest of the sketches leading to Update: meh. And already three sketches with product placements. Even if they're parodying the products, there can be some overkill.

And WTF with the fan (an actual oscillating fan) in Kendrick Lamar's box?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who is doing WU with Jost?

I thought Che had left. I guess not. I condemn myself.

11. nietsroob17

He joked about it in a standup bit, but nothing real.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Honestly, Johnson, Johnson and Sherman were the three cast-member placements that made me say "huh" in the intros. Dismukes came on a bit late last season.

Draft saved Draft deleted