1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm gonna miss Eric Trump most of all (said no one ever).

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Seeing Marcello Hernandez, it reminds me just how few Latinx cast members they've seemed to have over the years.

Forgive me if I'm drawing a blank, but all I can think of are Fred Armisen, Horatio Sanz and Melissa Villasenor.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’m late to this, but everyone other than Buckley and Cohen himself tries way too hard with Hallelujah.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I saw Molly Kearney in Season 1 of A League of Their Own. If anyone saw it, they were the sidekick of the tall first baseman who got traded late in the season. They were OK, but nothing memorable. They will be the show's first non-binary cast member.

I didn't even notice Aristotle Athari left; he will go down as one of the least-remembered players in SNL history.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  6. nietsroob17

Not totally correct. Molly Kearney was an extra member of the Peaches, but Melanie Field played Jo, the player who got traded (essentially the modern version of the Rosie O'Donnell character).

jr/shotglass likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

Huh. I thought that was them. Thanks.

(I used the right pronoun four times now. I'm counting a win.)

Inky_Wretch and nietsroob17 like this.
  8. nietsroob17

At least Aristotle had that great robot character on Update. If you want forgettable, I think Brooks Whelan meets that category.

sgreenwell and jr/shotglass like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

and that singing guy who ended everything with toooooonight thank you

11. nietsroob17

And probably the one person who did the most in the future with the least contributions to SNL:

4 Emmys, 2 Tonys, 3 Globe noms and an Oscar nom

image (1).jpeg

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
  12. jr/shotglass

Tim Robinson was so cringe-worthy during his time on SNL, I've gravitated away from anything he's done since.

Laurie Metcalf is definitely among the least-used SNL players over the years, but Wikipedia does a pretty good job listing the contenders. Never had any clue about Catherine O'Hara, but Shane Gillis went to high school near here.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted