1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

"Dr. Oz or Dr. Phil?"
    "Oprah!"
    "Correct!"

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Brutal. The Queen and I watched most of it and couldn't believe it. First time I'd seen it in ages. Last time I'll see it in ages.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

works for Wolf Blitzer

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The downward spiral began in 1975.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Who's on Top was funny. Top Gun, with Harvey Fierstein pointing out how gay the scripts was, too. About the only things that made me laugh. Stopped watching shortly after Weekend Update. Life's too short.

But, the fact that Armisen and Thompson are still cast members tells me I don't need to watch much this season.

6. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

Umm, did you not see the Who's on Top skit? That was hilarious

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I did. I also saw the TV delay skit, and the only thing keeping it from being HILARIOUS was they forgot to include a really, really big mosquito.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The inexplicable absence of Jay Pharoh continues. I can't understand that.

And I'm a little disappointed they didn't try to pump in a little new blood. Most of the "featured players," I have no use for. Except for Pharoh. Still can't believe Taran Killam is Cobey Smulders' fiancee. That floors me.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm pretty surprised that Sudeikis and Wiig are still around considering their movie success... I am stunned and disappointed to see Armisen back. I could have sworn I heard Armisen say in an interview that he was not coming back. I know I read that Pharoah was going to do Obama, so we'll see if that ever happens. I still can't believe we didn't see Pharoah at all last night...

I think by SNL's current low standards, last night's wasn't too bad. The high point of the season is usually when Baldwin and/or Timberlake host and there are a couple others who bring the game of the rest of the cast up, but I'll bet next week's will be back to being terrible again.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And her babydaddy!

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Pharaoh is doing Obama this year, I can understand why they didn't throw it out in the premiere, why not save it for a week when you don't have Alec Baldwin around to do the heavy lifting.

That "Who's the Top" was funny though - nice to see even those who wrote it realized what bad taste it was, which made it funnier.
    Still surprised they didn't do Siskel and Ebert, Hall and Oates, Brooks and Dunn, Tom and Jerry, Bert and Ernie...

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"... and now a word from our sponsors... What? Still no sponsors? Okay then..."

Was thinking last night, as I watched Baldwin, aren't we overdue for another all-star host: Christopher Walken? So in the mood for an update on The Continental. So many great appearances. Colonel Angus, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted