1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Was WU shorter than usual last night?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought it was the best episode of the season. So much better than the other episodes they may as well be considered preseason episodes.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I've only watched through Update as I caught up on DVR after watching baseball, and I thought it was pretty good. Sudeikis is an old pro, and of course they were going to go with a lot of his old hits (Biden, the devil, the track suit guy in "What's Up..."). Would've liked him playing the cop to Kenan's thug in those spoofs of the "Scared Straight" bits.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

James A. Johnson's Trump is scary good - miles better than his Biden.

garrow likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dionne Warwick showing up to appear on a skit featuring Ego playing her wad delightful.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Much when Barry Gibb did the walk-on during the last appearance of the Barry Gibb Talk Show with Fallon and Timberlake.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

That and weekend update were the only watchable portions of this show. The skits were awful. I don't like James A Johnson in anything he's done so far.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

WTF was that Weekend Update bit by Cecily Strong?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I couldn't tell if it was pro-life or pro-choice for what that's worth.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Spectrum sketch was hilarious. Perfect.

I also laughed at the heist video. Just because nobody under 40 seems to know how to drive a stick.

My last brand new car was 20 years ago and it took some doing to get it in a stick shift. Can’t imagine how it is now if you want one.

OscarMadison, playthrough and garrow like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. Yesterday's cold open was Ted Cruz hosting a show on "OAN Kids" which follows "White Power Rangers."

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That Taylor Swift song went on forever.

Weekend Update actually used little-used cast members to good effect. I always bail after WU.

heyabbott likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted