1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Cut for Time sketch.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Watching Kim's monologue, wow - can't say that she wasn't game to do whatever they pitched to her. And her timing isn't bad, either.

ETA, now that I've seen the whole thing - I'm kind of shocked at how good of a host she was. Propped up by some celebrity cameos, of course, but she did well enough in this showing to warrant another invite in the future.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  3. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

This was a pleasant episode. I doubt it will be remembered a few months from now but I enjoyed it. Kim and her family seemed game for anything and the cameos didn’t hurt. I wasn’t sure if we’d be getting a train wreck or a decent show and I’m glad it was the latter.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The sooner the fetid crotch-fruit of Kris Jenner and that whole family disappear, the better.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty bad. The sketches ran forever and I don't want to see all her family. She was fine, but the show was just blah.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Rami Malek is doing great through Update, and his impression of Pete was glorious.

Killick likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I like Bowen Yang. Or at least I have liked him up to this point. But he's going to need to find a little variety pretty soon. It's like all his characters are slight variations of each other.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I give it all a B, though I enjoyed some (Celeb Class, Squid Game, Yang’s gay oompa, and WU) more than others. Also, was HORRIFIED by the musical guest’s guest. Nate Ruess of FUN!, last I heard, had married into NY money and wasn’t singing anymore. To see him singing the hook on one song, looking like an Auschwitz survivor in a red fur coat, was just… horrifying.

EDIT: WU’s segment with the hypnotist was hilarious, as was “Sad Girl Autumn” being followed by “Messy Diva Christmas” with the OTS of Mariah Carey.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    jr/shotglass likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

I had to look at the musical number again. It didn't sink in that it was Nate Ruess the first time through. Freaky.

Killick likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

I can't believe they did that opening "multiple Biden" sketch and didn't talk Carrey into doing a one-off.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was expecting so much more from this episode. I only laughed at Update and the classroom and the Indecent Proposal sketches. Couple good jokes in other sketches but overall disappointing.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And Woody too.
    Also disappointed they didn't do a Baldwin joke (I kid, I kid). Parent teacher conference and the underwear ad (and Sudekis' sincere monologue) were the best of the night. Biggest shocker - no Halloween sketch and they aren't back until Nov. 6th. Shoot - you'd figure the first "post-Covid Halloween" would have some comedic potential.

Draft saved Draft deleted