1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Did you watch the cold open? Carrey's portrayal of Biden - coupled with the SNL writers - suggests exactly what Biden's critics would think of him.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

On Fox or SNL?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Is SNL on Fox?

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

OK, and?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There's no and. I found SNL oddly indicting of Biden - especially in Kamala Harris telling him (and Trump) she'd made PBJ sandwiches and apple slices for them - and said so. The next comment was about Fox News.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, especially since he showed no signs of dementia or shakiness or lack of lucidity during the debate. But SNL has done that shit for years. Remember how much mileage they got from Al Gore's sigh?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What, you mean SNL goes for a joke? At the expense of a well-known personality's well-known weakness? I'm shocked!

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The difference is Al Gore's VP nominee was not viewed as Gore's caretaker and the real leader of the ticket.

I would imagine every single person involved with SNL wants Biden to win. Yet SNL peddled a storyline the right heartily embraces: That Biden is an idiot and Harris acts like a mother to him.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The cold open was OK, but at 13 minutes it was too long, and the pacing seemed off.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, that, and SNL felt it important to include the VP candidate.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's an outrage. :cool:

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I had medium hopes for Chris Rock hosting the comeback, but that episode sucked. Except for Bowen Yang on Weekend Update.

The work from home episodes were better.

Draft saved Draft deleted