1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Keenan Thompson turns 42 next week.

He was Russ Tyler 26 years ago.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It should be noted that without the opportunity to go outside and really experience NYC - there is no point to living in NYC. And it's been pretty much hammered by COVID so I imagine people would head elsewhere if they could.

3. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Plus, didn't Kenan get a show picked up? I'd imagine that show is being shot in LA so it's quite possible he lives in both cities.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He had a sitcom announced at last year's up-fronts, they delayed it a year. Sounds pretty marginal - one of those "mom's dead, let's party" deals.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Looked it up, and Kenan actually lives in Tampa of all places.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Tampa is an easier flight to NYC than going cross country I guess. FWIW lots of pro wrestlers live in Tampa because of easy flights and great weather.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And no state tax.

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

SNL's season finale is this weekend. Will be interested to see how much they try to manage remotely.

Also, this actually looks like it might be a good watch. Looks pretty loyal to the real story -- except to say Pete's dad died in a fire, when he was actually killed in duty during 9/11.

garrow likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I noticed Steve Buscemi made an appearance. He was a fireman at one point and went boots to the ground on 9/11.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really wish they’d keep doing shows. These SNL at Homes have been much needed. To me, at least.

Iron_chet likes this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's "summer break" time for them anyway, but I kind of wonder if they'd re-up for like, a six or 10-episode "mini-season," similar to how they do a Weekend Update show in time during election years.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They did 18 episodes this season, compared to 21 last season, with a month off due to coronavirus. They could at least do three more and call it even.

Draft saved Draft deleted