1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't know if there has been a cast member who got more pub and contributed less to the show than Pete Davidson. I get the sense they keep him around because they would feel responsible if anything bad happened to him if he left the show.

‘SNL’ Cast Reportedly Fuming Over Candid Pete Davidson Interview

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I have no trouble believing Che and Jost are backstabbing dickheads.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Why does this situation suggest Che and Jost are dickheads? (not that they couldn't be) Neither of them was mentioned as castmembers who were upset by the interview. Plus, it may not even be backstabbing. The shit he takes might be warranted and not some jealous effort to take down Davidson because he is famous.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They're the ones who write the jokes Pete's referring to.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Davidson seems to have some serious issues and the spotlight/stress of a live national TV show may not be ideal. He’s also marginally talented — historically terrible in sketches.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Watching him eat hot wings is the most emotion I've ever seen out of him.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

SNL down for a month - I do hope they put out a sketch or three during the interim - might not be as good without an audience. In the meantime - came across this classic.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

SNL seems to keep posting some awesome 'best of' sketch collections. This one is of the ESPN Classic sketches:

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Davidson fucking destroys Coulter. Who is her agent? They didn’t see this coming?

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I was thinking they could do some Updnew Weekend Updates (like the late-night hosts have done variations of their shows), but I guess Jost and Che aren't comfortable doing it without an audience.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I couldn’t watch past him dropping the C word on her, ouch.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It's worth it to see what he says about Jewell.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted