1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

That Luke Null guy SUCKED. I mean, sucked so bad, I can’t fathom what he would’ve done in the audition process to have gotten selected... Who else are the worst SNL cast members ever?

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Melanie Hutsell and Robin Duke.

[​IMG]

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd hate to be the guy still at UCB having seen a half-dozen fellow performers head East. He's probably the guy who wants to "keep his art pure" and not sell out.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Anyone watch the season opener?

Thought that overall it was pretty funny. Cold open was great with Damon doing Kavanaugh. Sketch that had me laughing most was Driver as the oil baron for parent day.

Kanye West has completely lost the plot but I can’t say I didn’t appreciate having a hot woman in a see thru shirt on my screen.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Hutsell seemed pretty one-note. I like Robin Duke on "Schitt's Creek" much better than I ever did on SNL.

Chevy, Chevy, Chevy...I felt sorry for him after reading an interview he gave about an anniversary of the release of "Christmas Vacation." He was also damned near perfect as Fletch. Davidson is right when he calls him his own worst enemy.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Pete Davidson, asked about his summer during the monologue: A wink and a smile. Perfect.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t have thought of Matt Damon, but that was well done. Haven’t watched the rest yet.

McKinnon is always great. Not sure she quite captured Lindsey Graham. At least not as good as Sessions and Giuliani.

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Weird that Kenan was totally MIA except for a bit role in the Davidson/Mooney film.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The cold open was gold. Weekend update was good. Original sketches were OK. Kanye West's performances were garbage.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Meh, outside of the cold open, I was left mostly wondering, "did the start to write this show on Wednesday?" Even WU seemed pedestrian.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the first show is like any of the other of the week's. Despite having a four-month lead time, the writers don't show up until Tuesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted