1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Love Heidi Gardner.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Gardner was aces this season. She basically took all of the Vanessa Bayer parts, but added more.

I believe I read that Kate McKinnon would have one year left on her deal if she had signed the typical SNL contract. That seems about right to me - Give her one last Wiig-esque run, then let her move on. (And, I kind of wonder if she would even want to sign an extension anyway.)

I know it has been remarked on everywhere else on the Internet too, but they really need to move on from the stunt casting of celebrities as meaty recurring roles. Diminishing returns at this point.

garrow likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

'

Joe Strummer = the epitome of rock 'n roll cool, as he proved on SNL

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I take Bob Stinson.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

BTW, Aidy Bryant has replaced Keenan Thompson as the most annoying cast member IMHO.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What is especially dickish about the way SNL replaces members is that they don't let those being let go know until a few weeks before the season.
    I figure most (especially those near the bottom) work during the summer break, but I also figure they might be able to line up a gig on a series or at least several guest shots when production starts in August. Instead, they get the news in mid-September.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    jr/shotglass and sgreenwell like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And now Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson....

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Killick

Davidson traded down, IMHO. He had been dating Larry David’s daughter, Cazzie.

BA0A48DF-CDB6-4A2E-8E38-5EADF7FC5390.jpeg

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

She's fine, but Ariana is Grande.

10. Killick

Sorry, I don’t go for adult women who insist on wearing kitty ears.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Great, then there's more available who I won't have the nerve to talk to ... or have the ability to do any kind of flirting that wasn't insanely awkward ... or be turned off because "I'm married" ...

12. I can't see them lasting. Grande is an Uber Diva. She makes J-Lo, Mariah and Aretha look like common folk.

Draft saved Draft deleted