1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Nothing inflammatory. Just that she has never been public about her love life, regardless of it would have been a woman or a man.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

"She just never really flaunted it openly."

I don't mean to pick on you and the "flaunted openly" part is probably not meant in a negative way, but it does get to the problem that a gay person might have trying to carry on a regular relationship like the rest of us. They have had to--mostly in the past--hide relationships, imagine not being able to talk about your family or to have their pictures around you at work. They might have been accused of flaunting it openly. So again sincerely, nothing personal, that phrase can mean a lot sometimes and I am just not the type to not question it.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She might have been in relationships with people that didn't want the spotlight. I imagine some people are fine with being out to their friends and family, yet unsure about having their personal life broadcast around the world.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

She just kept the partnership of her live private. People do that. My congressman has been out for at least 15 years, but we have no freaking idea whether he's dated anyone (or carried on in the fast lane) or not.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Back to the heart of the thread ...

Still haven't seen any rumblings on who's been added to the cast in place of Bobby, Vanessa and Sasheer.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I pretty much knew she was LGBT before I knew she was funny.

And that's OK.

Kumail and P!nk is going to be a very good show.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Maybe no new additions? The cast seemed bloated last year, and their duties can probably be taken over by others.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Ryan Gosling hosting the season opener. Can we expect another alien abductees sketch with MacKinnon?

9. DanOregon

Hell, SNL has been known to dump people right before the season.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

Its funny, Baldwin's take on Trump last year was kind of buffoonish. I wonder if it will be a little harsher this season.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted