1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Another great retort. You found it amusing, and anyone who didn't is dumb. Never mind the title of this thread, or what TV critics have been saying for 20-plus years, or the fact the show basically sold out after the election, or ...

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I didnt see a lot of the show but popped for the evil child molester robot.

And Katy Perry WTF. I get you want to create as an artist but the songs still have to sound decent.

I will have nightmares about the weird Deliverance/Eminem kid doing that arm thing while dancing.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When do we start the Katy Perry's Continued Downward Spiral thread?

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Too bad. She was good in her (limited) screen time.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They sure shit on her as far as that last episode, given the sendoff provided for Moynihan and Bayer.

I'd say Saturday night was a good starting point.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Unfortunate, but true. Leslie clearly overshadowed Sasheer, even though they are two different actresses. Leslie Jones is good at being Leslie Jones, which will always lead to fatigue. Ask her to not be Leslie Jones? Good luck.

Sasheer has talent, but she just never seemed to fit into the ensemble pieces and I can't think of any skits she carried (or memorable characters). At times, she just disappeared. At other times, it seemed like the writers didn't know what to do with her other than cast her as a stereotype. I hope she finds something better down the road.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Seems like that happens to a number of women in the cast who are a little "different." How much screen time did Aidy Bryant get her first year? Or Melissa Villasenor this year?

10. jr/shotglass

It's harsh, but I think Villasenor has been one of the more notable misses in recent SNL history. I can only think of one sketch where she didn't look absolutely uncomfortable -- the sex-talk sketch with Aziz Ansari.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tend to agree but will wait for a larger sample size.

12. jr/shotglass

It's said that she's a superb impressionist. They need to give her more opportunities in that venue rather than chewing scenery as the obligatory geeky girl.

Draft saved Draft deleted