1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

BTW, if you want a new-found aprreciation for SNL, watch the latest iteration of Mad TV. Awful doesn't even begin to describe it.

2. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

Seemed like Pharoah was ALWAYS touring as a stand up comic the last couple years -- I know I saw him in person during, like, February two years ago. Thus, there's not much of a chance that he ever learned to write sketches. That's a problem. I think he is talented, though. Seems like he could be a decent movie actor, if given the chance.
    And Killam grew on me. I wouldn't have cast him aside after a pretty horrible season for the show last year.

3. Killick

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Only one I really recall is the French dance skit he did a couple of times with Nasim Pedrad.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

6. Killick

Was just about to link that. Villasenor's video was good, though I don't see the Pikachu thing being used at all. The Owen Wilson was dead on, Stefani, Bamford and others were solid, too. Would have been nice if they were funny, too.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Mikey Day held his own pretty well in Maya & Marty sketches, playing off some heavyweights. He should fit in nicely.

Ruditnsky will go down as one of the most forgettable SNL performers of all time.

And yes, the MadTV reboot is incredibly bad. There is one talent in that cast: Muchelle Ortiz. And she's a poor man's Cecily Strong.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  8. Killick

I gave MadTV another shot, and to quote Dennis Green, "They were who we thought they were." So bad. So bad they think Oprah and Steadman jokes are still either relevant or funny. I thought it was video from the earlier series. Nope. "New" material. Yikes.

9. Killick

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

sgreenwell and jr/shotglass like this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Margot Robbie's a good get as season-opening host, too.

[​IMG]

12. Killick

Not a bad start to the season. Would have been better with a visit from Jebediah...

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted