1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL with Alec Baldwin: Actually funny

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 12, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

"He said I couldn't get pregnant if we did it in the booty. Yet I got pregnant both times we did it in the booty!"

The herpes skit would never translate to those who didn't see it. Baldwin played it perfectly with just the most subtle of facial and vocal tics.

And Sly, my issues with Baldwin are a.) he made "Malice," the second-worst movie I've ever sat thru in a theatre; b.) he made "The Marrying Man," which would have been the worst move I've ever sat thru in a theatre except all my friends got kicked out of it so I left; c.) his ranting and raving on politics annoys me and d.) he made "Malice" and "The Marrying Man."

But on SNL, he's gold.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Weekend Update was the funniest probably in this millennium. Did they get new writers?

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I just wanted to chime in because I finally watched this on TiVo last night.

Holy crap, was that funny. Beginning to end. It's as if the writers were so desperate, they started doing drugs again, and all the sudden, it was funny again. If that what happen, get Seth Myers some more fucking cocaine. The car pool sketch was money.

Kristen Wiig his hilarious, I think. Straight man or no. She and Andy Samberg are the future of this show, if their is one.

"Alright ya'll, I got to run. I don't like to leave my babies in the car for more than an hour, ya'll!"

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Car pool sketch was hilarious...

I give all the credit to Baldwin...

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Baldwin deserves a lot of the credit, but somebody wrote those sketches, and while Baldwin may have punched up a few of them, he certainly didn't write them all.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just find it interesting that after three or so episodes that were completely void of humor, how did this episode be so funny?

It's not like all the sketches were timely. In fact, other than the Britney one and the Nancy Pelosi "PALOMINO" sketch, most could have run any week...

Hopefully it's a sign the show is getting better...

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Ju
    Judging by the most recent episode, I'd say unequivocally no. Brutally unfunny.

Draft saved Draft deleted