1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL Thursday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Schneider has chosen his friends wisely. Amazingly, most of his movies have been quite profitable, since Sandler is very smart about making movies like Deuce Bigalow and Benchwarmers for next to nothing.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He was still awesome in it.

And wait...SNL has a Thursday night show?

3. Sly

Sly Active Member

Ah, Lazy Sunday. The sketch that almost derailed Saturday Night LIVE from its original premise. I've never understood why it was so funny, mostly because Parnell had already driven that white guy gangster-rapping bit into the ground.

But since I'm in a mood for compliments. Parnell was best in the Wade Blasingame dog attorney commercial, Armisen kicks ass as the gay New Jersey dude and Will Forte headed up one of the most underrated sketches of all time -- the Fly High Duluth morning TV band when Scarlett J hosted a few years back. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that found that hysterical, but ah well ..

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I thought Forte did a damn good Kermit the Frog when signing "The Rainbow Connection" with Justin Timberlake a few years back ...

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is Will Forte the guy who does the low-speaking presidential candidate?

If so, I want to kill him.

Though he did a bang-up Daryl Hall last night.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Why the Forte-bashing? The man is MacGruber! And the Falconer! DONALD!!!!!!!!!

I'll throw out some love for Bill Hader, who didn't get much burn last night but may be the funniest guy they've got on the show. His last line in the digital short with Jonah Hill was hysterical. "What's up guys? How do you know Ben? No way! We've been fucking!"

7. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

His Zell Miller wasn't bad either.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Go fuck yourself. A vote for Tim Calhoun is a vote for the future!

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Not as long as Horacio Sanz walks the earth.

Not to mention some of the "talent" they had right after the first cast left. Denny Dillon? Terry Sweeney? Charles Rocket? Ann Risley?

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

whoa those are some bad, bad names.

Draft saved Draft deleted