1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL Thursday, Oct. 23 (with Will Ferrell as Bush)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

In case you missed it.

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-thursday-bush-endorsement/783981/

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that was one of the better snl episodes, thursday or saturday, until andy samberg's stupidass video.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

pretty good.. I laughed at the Obama free Zone

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is Ferrell promoting something or is Michaels just calling in a ton of favors?

5. txsportsscribe

bush explaining to palin the way things work at the white house with the prez getting his work orders from the veep was pretty good. and the uncomfortable looks on mccain's face when they finally tracked him down were priceless.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I could be wrong, but I think it was "a bummer-free zone."

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Definitely a bummer free zone. Also, Jam the Vote absolutely slayed me. That might be the best sketch they've done all season.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bummer-free, yes.

9. txsportsscribe

really circus, samberg running around spewing up is the best sketch all season? that's not just setting the bar low, it's burying it.

and yes, it was "bummer-free zone."

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Most definitely. I know a person speaking rhythmically, using rhyming words, in an ironic sense is what usually passes for comedy on SNL, but the absurdist stuff is what resonates with me these days. This cast is much better at the "WTF?" school of comedy, as evidenced by "The Looker," which is my other favorite bit from this season.

Having said that, there's definitely some truth to your "setting the bar low" comment. When two of the episodes (Phelps/Faris) were pretty much completely laugh-free, that's a low bar to begin with.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That was hilarious.

Someone get me some bread or crackers.

Ahh its another spicy hot dog.

12. bronko

bronko New Member

Will Ferrell will make his Broadway debut in January in the new solo comedy "You're Welcome America. A Final Night With George W Bush."

Production will be helmed by Adam McKay, the writer-director of Ferrell pics "Step Brothers," "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" and "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy."

Plot of the show remains sketchy, but the title and timing suggest a Bush caricature and plenty of topical humor.

Production begins previews Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, ahead of a Feb. 1 opening at the Cort Theater. Limited engagement is skedded to shutter March 15.

Draft saved Draft deleted