1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL shakeup? Four new cast members, too!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Good riddance. She sucked the funny out of every sketch she was in. Having said that, the Shake Weight Commercial DVD spot showed she had a surprisingly bangin' body.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I could never tell the difference between her and Nasim Pedrad.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Here's Jay Pharoah, who you can only hope takes over the Obama impression.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Pedrad is the one that is hotter and has at least a small amount of comedic talent.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Though Mr. Pharoah’s arsenal of celebrity impressions includes President Obama, the source said he will not be taking over this role at “S.N.L.” from Fred Armisen, a veteran performer at the show who customarily plays Mr. Obama in its skits.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/07/saturday-night-live-cast-adds-four-and-loses-one-more/?src=tptw

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=13121973

"Yeah, but there's a 25 percent chance he could strangle himself with the placenta."

"Wah-woh-wAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

P.S.: Does not top the screwing she received from the NBC suits when she got yanked from "30 Rock" after the pilot.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Overall, not a fan of Dratch, but the first time I saw the Debbie Downer sketch I was absolutely cracking up.

8. DanOregon

That was probably the funniest sketch/character they've introduced in the last 10-15 years. The weird thing is, when they brought it back it just wasn't as good, and it wasn't just Lohan, Fallon and Dratch losing it.
    I've come across more than a few Debbies - you share some good news or make some innocuous comment and they have to bring everything down.

9. You guys actually give two shits about modern day SNL? Either you have a wife and children or you need social lives.

10. DanOregon

The Tivo makes SNL tolerable. And go figure newspaper types still are interested in something everyone else has given up on, and still expecting to be as good as it once was.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I haven't watched 90 minutes of SNL combined over the past five years.
    I'm just saying the first Debbie Downer sketch had me rolling.

Draft saved Draft deleted