1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL season premiere: Some hope yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 30, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Meanwhile, Joe Montana's going to go upstairs and masturbate.

(greatest line ever uttered by an athlete on SNL)

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wasn't The Big Show on with the Rock? As I recall he was pretty funny too. HHH might have made an appearnce on that one too and he was entertaining when I used to hear him on Stern.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Bravo. I'd forgotten about that.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He hosted that show with Sweetness - easily the two best athletes to host the show. From what I recall the show was pretty funny too. Peyton was okay. Deion Sanders the worst I can remember. Michael Jordan's bit with the first African American to play on the Harlem Globetrotters was a classic.
    They need more Darryl Hammond on the show.
    It blows my mind that they have that many writers and so few funny bits. I guess the good ones work for Conan and John Stewart.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Michael Jordan getting self-esteem lessons from Stuart Smalley--and unable to keep a straight face as he says "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darnit, people like me"--is one of the funniest things SNL's ever done.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm watching it right now and we've seen the...

Hillary opening - sucked. God forbid Poehler could actually try an impression.
    Monologue with recycled overrated Nike ad - idiotic.
    Angry Dog - Terrible.
    Charity auction - Not funny at all...
    High School the musical 3 - Mildly funny...
    Sandberg Iran video - Hilarious...
    Read to achieve - Hilarious...

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The Dog food skit in question...

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I did like during his monologue --
    "For those of you who don't watch basketball, we went to the NBA finals last year and swept the San Antonio Spurs. For those of you who do watch basketball, shut up."

9. Mizzougrad96

The PSA was the best skit...

I hate to say it, but Amy Poehler sucks... She's fucking awful and Weekend Update was horrendous...

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Her boyfriend is even getting acting gigs over her. Enrique is guesting on How I Met Your Mother as Gael, a masseuse. He is quite good on it.

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I agree. The audience was beside itself. I just recalled that skit at work the other day when the "best athlete host" conversation came up.

12. Mizzougrad96

Montana's opening monologue was perfect as well... He had just been knocked out the previous week against the Giants and after about five minutes into it, he stopped, looked kind of perplexed and then started his monologue over again...

If Montana's appearance was an A, LeBron was a C- or a D...

Draft saved Draft deleted