1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL season premiere: Some hope yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I only saw part of the show. I wasn't too impressed, but also haven't been for years. I saw part of the "Read to Achieve." I thought Lebron was going to break the whole wall when he dunked during 1 or 1 or would have done something crazier to show his skillz and show up that guy...Caught part of the SNL digital short. Looked like it had potential to be funny, and it was timely. I only saw a little bit because I switched back to sportscenter to see football highlights...Was annoyed by the talk show where LeBron was a guest...only saw part of Ambiguously Gay Duo. Laughed at what I saw. Though the Sen. Craig angle was funny, it's a little old by now.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I thought the dog food ad was funny, but something tells me that ad will only air once.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

More and more, I'm afraid the same thought comes up when I watch this, and it's been stated here before.

You look at the 8-10 sketches that make it on the air, and you wonder, "How bad must the ones that get rejected be?"

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

You've said it a lot but it deserves to be said again.

I mean, really, what must FAIL there? Do you have to make everyone else spew pea soup to get turned down?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Wow, BYH, you really think that haircut looks good on Amy Poehler? It's horrendous. This is the first time I've ever not found her attractive.

I just think it's funny that somewhere there's a woman who, when people ask her what she does for a living, answers, "I play french horn for Kanye West."

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not usually a big fan of the short hair, but man, she looked hot in that housewife-who-has-half-her-closet-devoted-to-S&M-garb sort of way.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Only saw from the Kanye West skit and second performance (both of which were great) on, so I need to watch the rest on DVR. But a friend texted me and said it was the best SNL he's seen in years. For him, that's saying a lot.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Kanye skit was the best of the night. Liked the Solid Gold bit (but mostly in comparison to everything else) Why they didn't do a skit on Bill O'Reilly restaurant reviews is beyond me. They could have just ripped off the O'Reilly thread on this board for pointers. Or GOP outrage over newspaper coverage about President Bush's new pick to aid the war effort in Iraq. General Tom Traitor?

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

so with lebron hosting, who's the best athlete they've had as host? i hate to say it but off the top of my head, peyton manning has to be near the top.

10. BRoth

BRoth Member

I was really looking forward to the show and then completely forgot it was on. However, judging from everyone's response, didn't miss much.

I will not miss next week's episode. I don't know how Seth Rogan could fail. That, and Spoon is great. I checked out the clips they have online and wasn't crazy about the digital short. It was funny for the first minute, then got a little old. Did appreciate the Jake Gyllenhaal cameo, though.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No brainer. Michael Jordan.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

Daaaaa bears:

Draft saved Draft deleted