1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL season premiere: Some hope yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 30, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haven't seen this from the start, but LeBron had a couple decent skits. He seems like a natural for this type of show.

However, Weekend Update was very, very funny. Granted, that means I laughed out loud three times. But that's, like, three more times than usual. The line about the family of the Benadryl founder wanting people to do anything BUT send flowers after his passing...outstanding.

That, and Amy Poehler has this new short haircut that makes her look like a screaming hot MILF. There. I said it.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

SNL wasn't cancelled? Saw no hype at all for the new season.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, they did have all summer to write stuff.
    Bet it peters out quick.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good point, Mark.

Claws, this show will never get cancelled. It's cheap to produce and even when it blows chunks, the entertainment press talks about it and points out Dr. Evil Lorne Michaels has fixed it before. So it's always relevant, in some odd way.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

That, and they're pretty much guaranteed to win their time slot every Saturday since they're up against Mad TV and a bunch of other crap.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Didn't see it, sigh. But yes, Amy Poehler is hot stuff.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

My hope is it finally dies.

Seriously, I haven't watched SNL in a few years and I doubt I've missed more than two good episodes.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Change ONE word there and that sentence would be much more interesting. :D :D

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Just got done watching through the "Read to Achieve" skit and I've been completely unimpressed.

I used to be (maybe still am?) a huge SNL fan. But this is awful.

However, Seth Rogan and Spoon next week should be good. But thing is, it's so sad that guests have to save the rest of the cast. These people are just not funny.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm in Weekend Update now and have been totally underwhelmed. I thought they could come up with some better stuff for LeBron, who is doing as good a job as anyone could expect.

11. Pete Incaviglia

Agreed Shotty. You'd think with a summer to think, they'd have something for LeBron.

Weekend Update ended. I laughed twice during the Update.

These people just aren't good. They laugh at themselves. Break character. Have nothing clever to say/do. It's just plain bad.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pun intended, Ambiguously Gay Duo is toilet humor.

Draft saved Draft deleted