1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL season debut with Michael Phelps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, let me get this straight. phelps sucked monster dick, but not monkey balls?

is that what you're saying?

2. Giggity

Giggity Member

C'mon, really? It's got to be something better than that.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Doesn't have to be better. Just has to be true.

I like that. I know some FLRGs.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Is it similar to the DUFF?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Even Update was dreadful.

They have the most interesting election in decades going on and they can come up with three minutes of decent comedy?

The opening sketch was great. Fey was spot-on. Poehler's Hillary is overrated, but still funny.

The rest of the show sucked ass.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'll disagree...I like some of the more absurdist stuff they do, so I dug the Space Olympics digital short. I'm a much bigger fan of the weird-ass Samberg stuff in those rather than the "Hey, it's Natalie Portman! And she's rapping!" genre. Didn't Samberg actually catch Michaels' eye with his short films, or am I making that up?

Agreed on the Poehler preggers stuff - they hid it decently well although they at least found a way to make use of that in the Michael Phelps Diet sketch.

7. Mizzougrad96

Some of Samberg's stuff is funny. Even when it's not (Cathy) at least he's trying.

I don't agree with the Sandler comparison. Even as misused as Sandler was on that show, almost everything he did was just hilarious.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

sandler = overrated on snl.

9. Mizzougrad96

I'll put his characters up against anyone on the show now, assuming that Hammond is now gone.

Granted, the current cast sucks ass.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

the current show is, let's just call it lacking. now tell me where sandler stands all-time and i guarantee he doesn't deserve the "hilarious" tag.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

flurge, i believe, is a word describing a woman who makes a man's penis go soft.

or so i'm told.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That would make a lot more sense for the skit.

Draft saved Draft deleted