1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL: Samberg strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Surprised there's no SNL thread already. Anyway, I fell asleep in front of the TV, woke up midway through just in time for the latest digital short. Glad I did -- another keeper. Right up there with Dick in a Box, though I'm still puzzled how they got it past the NBC censors.

Enjoy.

"Don't don't tell your friends or I'll say you're a slut. It's your fault anyway, you were rubbing my butt."

"To be fair you were flirting a lot, plus the way you bag cans got me bothered and hot."

Plus, a Timberlake cameo.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not too bad to have Jamie Lynn Sigler in there, either.

Actually, I thought it was one of the stronger SNLs in quite a while. A number of pretty good sketches.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Good stuff ... I like how every little thing sets them off. Hilarious. Good cameo from Timberlake, and Molly Sims and Jamie Lynn Sigler look great.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll have to take your word on it, Shottie. The second skit was so god-awful (can't remember what it was, only that it starred the usually solid Kristen Wiig, mmm, Kristen) that I changed the channel and never came back.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, well. I thought that was pretty funny.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

you would. :D

7. Killick

Here's a question: are the codas harmed by thee two gents? I mean, it's not masturbation...

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No. Does not qualify. I checked the rule book.

9. Killick

Thank God. Sounds like it would have been the death penalty for the codas.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The episode was pretty good - the video was funny (almost missed it because it was sandwiched between two commercial breaks late in the show) Hader's Malkovich impression was great but somewhat wasted, nice to see Amy Poehler back.
    The Malkovich reading of Night Before Christmas was pretty funny too.

11. Killick

Wait. Poehler was back? I thought she was supposed to be done when she pushed out the kid. Remember reading at least one story that she wasn't returning, going off to chase movie career instead.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. She can get more mileage out of her Hillary impression now that she's Sec'y of State.

I thought it was a good episode too.

Draft saved Draft deleted