1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL premiere (9/30)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

S - So
    N - Not
    L - Laughing

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

The opening sucked, but I loved the comedy of the host, though I had no idea who he was. The wife Googled him and verified that he's a zany comedy guy.

The water skit was a little weak. The Hugo bit was okay, but they could have gone wild with that. It should have been better. When you have a commie who called Bush the devil and a crazy dictator who loves American movies, how can you not pull off something exceptional?

For my money, I'd rather watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Saturday Night Live can't compete with shows that can play up the political news of the day when it's still fresh. They need to find other avenues.

I don't think much of the new Studio 60 program, but I completely understand where they're coming from. Having the news guy on there was pimping at its most severe. I have a feeling that was a requirement.

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

The Al Pacino sketch is available at:

It is well worth the 4:06.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

outstanding. thanks.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"You're a sharp girl. Don't ever let the boys make you feel... less than, you know?"
    Jeez, that's dead on.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Nobody does a better Pacino that Kevin Spacey, but that skit was pretty good, and actually, the kind of creativity MadTV shows all the time.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I thought the Pacino skit was a riot.
    That's all I watched.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just watched the rest of the SNL tonight on DVR. Only one thing caught my eye after The Killers took the stage the first time -- the sports bar closing skit toward the end. And it's not because it was funny, per se, but rather they decided to set in in Kansas City, Kan. And they had the Jayhawks, Royals and Chiefs gear on the wall to match.

Probably the first and last time I will see the Jayhawks, Royals and Chiefs on SNL.

Draft saved Draft deleted