1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL, Oct 31 (Affleck and McCain)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I know I've watched too much punditry, and how predictable Olbermann's show has become, that after laughing way too much at that sketch I asked my wife, "Hey, how come he left out Bill-O and comedian Rush Limbaugh?"

And my heart ached watching the opening McCain sketch. There was the guy who made me think the country was in good hands no matter whether he or Obama won the presidency. What happened to that guy?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The KO sketch went on forever. They should have just done the first story and the special comment.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

KO responds to SNL:

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2008/11/03/keith-olbermann-on-mccain-campaign-giddiness-they-have-even-less-of-a-clue-than-i-thought/

This is not a parody.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I'd say it was by far the best SNL in some time, but is that really saying a lot? McCain was solid all around. Kenan Thompson was decent as Whoopi, but he is the least funny person on the show. Well, that might be an overstatement ... who's the fat, white, curly-haired guy? Awful. The Target lady was funny the first time I saw it, but not so much anymore. Affleck definitely saved it, and he was excellent as Olbermann.

Draft saved Draft deleted