1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL, Oct 31 (Affleck and McCain)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Didn't see a thread for this, and wasn't sure if we were done doing this. Couldn't find one here on on the politics board.

McCain's opening skit with he and Tina Fey on QVC, I thought, was really funny. Even Cindy had me laughing as she showed off the "McCain Fine Gold" jewelry.

Thoughts?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't believe the liberal media keeps giving the Republicans all this free airtime on SNL.

I thought it looked like McCain is like, well, what the hell, if I'm going to go down, I may as well go down laughing. That the Palin in 2012 bit went off kinda makes me think even he thinks she's a complete whackjob.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Isn't it Nov 1?

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

DD's sitting at his door, dressed as a pirate, with a big bowl of tiny Hershey bars in his lap, wondering where all the kids are.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Arrrrggh... tis a bit late, he is...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Poor guy's gonna be really disappointed on Dec. 27.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I thought McCain came off really good here. Didn't look like a complete monster, for sure.

8. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

1st skit best skit of the year

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

And the rest of it is a reminder why SNL needs to be a half hour long. One skit, Weekend Update, -30-. Cause it's fucking garbage the rest of the time.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Actually, it was already Nov. 2 at the site of the (still-going) show when the thread was created.

::)

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The Olbermann special comment was amazing. "And Mitt Romney's Massachusetts" slayed me.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Yeah, the fact that he was out there with Fey (who was pulling no punches toward Palin) makes it clear that he and the esteemed governor are a bit estranged.

Draft saved Draft deleted