1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL: Now with more bad sketches!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 16, 2009.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Also agreed. I wish we could see her mug in every skit instead of Wiig's.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

After they fired the woman who did "Bitch please" there was a link to a chat room where they were saying that one of the women was fired because Michaels had told her she had to lose 30 pounds (This was also in EW and US Weekly) and on one of the message boards they were saying that Michaels had been acting irrationally for the last two years.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Kristen Wiig skits remind me of Julie Kotter's tuna caseroles. They both think they're terrific while the rest of us dread their appearance in our homes.

4. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, if it weren't for "Knocked Up" I would have no basis for thinking that Wiig could be funny.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

A couple of weeks ago they did a Hall and Oates spoof on Update.

Hall and Oates, fer crissakes!!!

Is their target audience 40-somethings trying not to fall asleep?

6. Mizzougrad96

There are times when I watch that show and think, "I could get 10 friends and come up with better sketches than that."

Then, every once in awhile Justin Timberlake or Alec Baldwin or Ben Affleck host and it's just brilliant.

The Timberlake episode last season may have been the best full show in about a decade. I don't think there has been a single sketch this season that was better than the worst sketch from that episode.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Agreed! The slide into the abyss this season has just been puzzling, since the only cast members they lost were (I believe) Watkins and the other chunky-but-good female. Maybe Seth Meyers is getting too stretched by having to do the Thursday show as well, or maybe Amy Poheler did a lot more behind the scenes than everyone realizes. To make an analogy, SNL : TV :: Titans : NFL.

8. Mizzougrad96

I think I'm at the point where I will only watch if they have a great host.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I DVR it, then watch when I feel like it.

Of course, I don't absolutely hate the show like so many people seem to. I find almost every cast member to be funny. It's just that the show seems less than the sum of its parts sometimes.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

This.

But there are so many people holding out hope that the show will return to its glory days. I watched 25 minutes, which is generally all I can stand, and didn't laugh once.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things that puzzles me about this show is that they bring on new people on the show and instead of actually "featuring" the featured players, they are little more than extras in sketches.
    As for the tone of the show it's always seemed like it was written by 40 year olds who think they are in their 20s to appeal to kids in their teens.

12. Mizzougrad96

That's what I do now. Sometimes it takes me all of 15 minutes to sift through the bad stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted