1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL: Now with more bad sketches!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

InBev bought all the national ad time this Saturday to air spots for Bud Light Golden Wheat. But they're only going to run 11 commercials, which means six or seven extra minutes of "comedy."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/16/bud-light-golden-wheat-co_n_323664.html

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

whe how, one more reason for me not to record SNL.
    wait, who is the host and musical act?
    It might mean three songs instead of two.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I tried BLGW the other day.

Piss-tastic.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Rock does Obama as well as Armison.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The outtakes from dress rehearsals were the funniest thing on the show. Kind of sad. Liked the orgasm lady from Whig. They should make her a regular character - even if it is just a rip-off of the Rob Schneider character.
    And next week is a repeat of the season premiere, as if they don't recycle enough skits on the show.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Recycling garbage isn't going to make it look or sound any better.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

And by "well" you mean "horribly and without any effort"

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was always willing to forgive SNL as long as Update was funny...

So much for that. Meyers is the worst update anchor ever.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Actually, I thought this was the best episode of SNL this season. And the funniest in a long while.

Am I on crack?

I chuckled, at least, at every sketch (except the Thomas-Thomas-Thomas one). I think, at one point during the Beauty and the Beast sketch, I actually guffawed: "I like a big ass."

Update made me laugh, too.

Anyway.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I missed everything up until Update, but I laughed several times during that. Translating Scottish and orgasm lady with "Thanks for coming!" - even thought the don't-ask, don't-tell soldiers was funny (though, couldn't get past one saying he was a PFC, but his uni had SSgt.'s rank). The 300 spoof I liked. "Daveheart" was mildly funny.

But there was a HUGE dead spot there in the middle with Wiig as the (SURPRISE!) awkward secretary and Keenan "Showkiller" Thompson's BET show.

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I agree with most of this. I found the BET sketch mildly funny, just because they got the real James Franco to show up and sit there for no reason. Also, Jason Sudekis' running man was entertaining.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There's not a lot of things worse than bad comedy.

A poorly-cooked meal comes close, but even that isn't quite so loathesome.

I cannot believe anybody still watches this show, seriously. Maybe somebody out there still uses lickable stamps or rotary phones.

Draft saved Draft deleted