1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL ... how embarrassing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Dec 10, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

At 11:20 Eastern tonight, MadTV aired a sketch on "Apocalypto." In it, Mel Gibson (Michael McDonald) airs a "re-cut" of a scene for reviewers. In the scene, the subtitles for the actors are changed to a thinly veiled Gibson apology to Jews. It was mildly amusing.

At 11:40, SNL airs a sketch on "Apocalypto." In it, it shows a "re-cut" of a scene. In the scene, the subtitles for the actors are changed to a thinly veiled Gibson apology to Jews. It was mildly familiar.

2. Apex

Apex Member

Jews have been through a lot of shit. I encourage any apology sent their way. Except I don't believe Mel Gibson's apologies. I don't believe anything since he did The Patriot.

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Coincidences like this happen sometimes. Some ideas just sit on a tee, I guess. It's not like SNL watched Mad then wrote up a sketch in 20 minutes.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

When does MadTV tape its broadcast?

Draft saved Draft deleted