1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL: Best of Commercial Parodies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, May 30, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

How could we have gone this far without mention of the greatest self-effacing bit in SNL history -- Kelly Ripa's
    ?

2. prhack

prhack Member

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the Galactic Prophylactic, which could be purchased in tandem with the Dura-Fram Diaphragm. The first time I saw that one, I didn't even know what a prophylactic was, but I can still remember Eddie Murphy firing a gun into it with one hand and dropping bullets under it with the other.

3. Is Colon Blow cereal included?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yep, it was really close to the beginning of the DVD.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Nobody's mentioned Flucker's Jam yet?????

"Nose Hair"; "Death Camp"; "Dog Vomit"; "Monkey Pus"; "Painful Rectal Itch"; "Mangled Baby Ducks"; "10,000 Nuns and Orphans All Eaten By Rats"; and the last jam, whose name is so horrible it cannot be spoken on TV.

I remember laughing so hard at this, I nearly pulled a muscle.

This HAS to be on that DVD.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Never heard of that one, Birdscribe. Wish I had, though!

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Swill Mineral Water
    The one for the pricing gun that you could take into the supermarket (I forget the brand name of it)
    Wilson Trap Doors

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

It was a takeoff of Smucker's Jam ("With a Name Like Smucker's, It HAS to be GOOD..."). They had different jam names: "Nose Hair"; "Death Camp"; "Dog Vomit"; "Monkey Pus"; "Painful Rectal Itch"; "Mangled Baby Ducks"; "10,000 Nuns and Orphans All Eaten By Rats"; and the last jam, whose name is so horrible it cannot be spoken on TV.

They'd announce it like "Painful Rectal Itch Jam. With a name like Painful Rectal Itch Jam, it HAS to be good."

The 10,000 Nuns and Orphans Jam was the kicker. The announcer asks "What's wrong with 10,000 Nuns and Orphans" whereupon the reply "They were all eaten by rats," follows.

Coming out of left field and being on one of the first SNL's I ever saw, it was one of the 5 funniest moments I ever saw on that show.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Is Schmidt's Gay beer on there?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, but it's linked above. Try reading the thread.

11. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

What about the parody of the Citibank ads with Roseanne Barr as the ornery call-center worker?

Roseanne: So I say, "Why don't you call home and have somebody wire you the money? Or call your company and tell them the problem? Or, better yet, why don't you take a personal check out of your checkbook, roll it up real tight, and then cram it!"

Customer (Phil Hartman): She gave me several options.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hahahah I was talking about that one on the phone with BYH two days ago. It's probably my favorite....I forgot to put it on my list. But it's HILARIOUS.

Draft saved Draft deleted