1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL: Best of Commercial Parodies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, May 30, 2007.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I wish the video of Cliff Robertson introducing the Lux 420sl was up online. Transcript:

Lux 420 SL

...Cliff Robertson
    Crazy Person...Will Ferrell

Cliff Robertson: Each individual demands a car built to meet their specific needs. Lincoln designed the "Towncar" for the businessman who demands luxury. Dodge, the "Caravan" for the family. And now we are proud to present the "Lux 420 SL" for crazy people...

(A CRAZY PERSON IS SEEN DRIVING MANIACALLY THROUGH A BICYCLE TRAIL.)

Cliff Robertson: The "420" has a fuel injection system taken from crashed flying saucer parts, it is also the 1st mid-sized sedan with disc brakes designed by nostradaumus. The "Lux 420" is also the safest car on the road...

(CUT TO A SHOT OF JESUS, ABE LINCOLD, AND "DR. ZAIUS"--"PLANET OF THE APES" FAME--ANALYZING THE CAR. JESUS IS SEEN SLAMING THE DOOR WILDLY.)

Cliff Robertson: ...Top european scientists designed it that way. And with the built in car sink, you'll be able to wash your hands every 5 minutes...

(CRAZY PERSON SEEN WASHING HIS HANDS WHILE DRIVING.)

Cliff Robertson: That's not all, over 18 feet of trunk space (POPS TRUNK OPEN REVEALING A NUMER OF JARS.) allows you to store over 200 jars of urine safely. The "Lux 420SL", the car your neighbor's dog has been telling you to buy.

(CRAZY PERSON RUNS UP TO THE CAMERA WITH HIS PANTS DOWN, FREAKS OUT A LITTLE, THEN RUNS AWAY AND JUMPS UP INTO THE AIR, A JINGLE IS THEN SUNG BY A CRAZY PERSON.)

Crazy singer: (SUPER) "There's a radio in my fingernail...CAR!"

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is the Sam Waterson robot insurance one on there?

3. I was hoping someone mentioned that one.

"When the robots come for you ... and they will ..."

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

And because of the new formula, no more scaling!

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Just added to my Netflix queue.

6. Until he got to Tina Fey's show.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

How about Shower In A Briefcase?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

"Mr. Jordan, do you ever get that not-so-fresh-feeling?"

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Little Chocolate Donuts

Announcer.....Marv Albert
    .....John Belushi

[ open to John Belushi preparing to do the Olympic high jump ]

Announcer: John Belushi is on his way to a gold medal in the Decathlon! They're setting the bar at seven feet - here's his approach..

[ John Belushi runs toward the bar. Quick cut to John jumping over the top of the bar. Quick cut to John landing on the grass. ]

Announcer: He got it! Belushi's won the gold, now he's going for the world's record!

[ cut to John Belushi running long-distance sprint and winning, as his fans crowd around him ]

[ cut to John at home ]

John Belushi: [ seated at breakfast table smoking a cigarette ] I logged a lot of miles training for that day. And I downed a lot of doughnuts. Little Chocolate Donuts. They taste good, and they've got the sugar I need to get me going in the morning. That's why Little Chocolate Donuts have been on my training table since I was a kid.

[ cut to John Belushi going for the gold in the pole vault ]

Announcer: Little Chocolate Donuts. The donuts of champions.

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!!

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Little Chocolate Donuts, the robot insurance one, the change bank and Cluckin' Chicken are all on there.

"Golly, I taste good!"

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

As the video began on my CPU, my iTunes began playing Weezer's "Buddy Holly" ... on a mere coincidence (I hadn't been listening to iTunes; it was synching with my iPod) ... and I thought, "What the hell? Weezer wasn't the song in the original."

Then I realized I'm an idiot.

Draft saved Draft deleted