1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL axes three more castmembers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lisa_simpson, Sep 20, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I mean, for god's sake ... Robin Duke ... Charles Rocket ... Gilbert Gottfried playing anything except Gilbert Gottfried ... Gail Matthius ... Denny Dillon ... Dan Vitale (if you can even remember him) ... and the all-time champion ... TERRY SWEENEY.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

"I didn't like Horatio Hornblower, but there were many worse people. Jay Mohr was one. The goatboy guy was another -- the one who tours comedy circuits now as "Former Saturday Night Live Star ..." who is so forgettable I can't remember his name."

relax Peter, it certainly seems like you're asking who goat boy is.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I didn't write that.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, well, Jim Breuer should have been on my list too. Decidely unfunny man.

My point, and it's always been my point about this, is that even when it's been in a down cycle, it beats watching an old TV movie at 11:30 p.m. Saturday night. If some of you think you have better options, fine. But I'm sure there are some things you all think are hilarious which we sniff at, too.

Like ... uh ... "Arrested Development."

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I enjoyed Sanz's Aaron Neville, always pining for cocoa butter.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm soooooooooo confused!

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ashy: Go back and look at the original post you replied to. You replied to Columbo's response to MMQB's post. MMQB was the one who couldn't remember goatboy's name.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Re-read my post from 9:22 a.m.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And shottie: I just want to find a way for me to be HOME at 11:30 on a Saturday night.

Not happening. :(

10. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

SNL's fake commercials will suffer for the loss of Parnell. The rest of the show? Not so much ...

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

well....it's finally happened. For years I've been mentally preparing for this, but it's still a shock.

I was wrong. I've never put those 3 words together....please PM me with any suggestions on how you've dealt with being wrong, it's gonna be a long day and I could really use the support and help of anonymous people on a message board.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, geez. OK. Neither am I.

Let me put it another way. I'll keep taping SNL and give it a shot between 2 and 3:30 a.m. that night over watching a Arizona State-Utah football replay.

Draft saved Draft deleted