1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL axes three more castmembers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lisa_simpson, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

People are sad to see the can't-keep-from-ruining-every-sketch-by-laughing Sanz leave the show!?!

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

If anybody laughed at Horatio as much as Horatio did, he'd be headlining. Parnell is good enough where he'll move on to better and funnier things. Finesse? Any time you show up more in drag than you do not in drag, you might have some range issues. Not even sure his departure merits inclusion in the headline.

Again, SNL will be the third-best show about a live late-night TV comedy this fall.

The first SNL was aired on the day I was born, and the show is starting to make me feel old.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who are those people?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Haven't watched an SNL sketch in years. Years.

Clicked it on when U2 was on, and clicked it off the second the songs were over.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My primary regret with the Horatio Sanz axing is that they didn't actually use an ax.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I'll miss Parnell.. he was one of the most underrated parts of the show. Mitchell was a non-entity, the kind of guy who even Kenan Thompson put in ridiculous situations and openly joked about how it was "just to get Finesse into the show".
    Sanz stopped being funny a long time ago.
    "HEY! I'M CAROL!"
    HEY! YOU'RE FIRED, FAT BOY!

7. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Sanz is gone!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

That's Post of the Year material right there. :D

Parnell was OK. If he's got other options, that's great. Mitchell was a non-presence [at least Kenan Thompson's got the Cosby impression, which is one bit more than many of the others] and Sanz obviously just sucked.

Agree with dog428 that Meyers being head writer isn't good news. while I enjoy some of Meyers' work, I really believe Lorne needed to bring in somebody from the outside to oversee the writing, because it's clear many of the people there don't have a grasp of what is and isn't funny.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought Dratch was funny, but if that means we never have to see another Debbie Downer sketch, I'm all for it...

The first one was legendary because none of them could stop laughing... The others were fucking dreadful...

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

RIP, Chris Parnell.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's great.

However, Chris Parnell was one of the few guys on SNL that I actually cared to watch the moment I saw him in any skit. Him and Andy Sanberg, actually.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I must go watch Lazy Sunday in honor of Parnell's departure.

Aside from that and the Tom Brady episode, the only other time I can recall laughing at SNL was when Kenan Thompson and Finesse Mitchell went on Weekend Update as Mom and Donovan McNabb.

Draft saved Draft deleted