1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL & Andy Samberg

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Apr 21, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Yeah, they definitely lost me when the puke started flying. When something like that comes out, it's always a sign of desperation in a comedy writer's mind, in my eyes. I didn't mind the alien, but the puke was too much.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, I'm also tired of the puke/blood thing. It's just 'let's be messy, let's be messy!' *Yawn*

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Parnell and Lorne Michaels don't exactly seem to be friends.

Lorne wanted to fire him several years ago, and Will Ferrell told Lorne he'd quit if Parnell was let go. Lorne held back until it was time to recalibrate the cast. From there, I'm sure it was easy for them to write off a lot of cast members good and bad in order to save money.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Wow, I didn't know either of these. Wonder what the issues were?

Good for Ferrell. Parnell had it all - great voice, great timing, could rap, etc. That guy is awesome.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Which would make one wonder why Parnell is sometimes on 30Rock which is, I believe, exec produced by Michaels.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, exactly. Was that part of the SNL termination package for Parnell? Maybe he's still under contract and Lorne wants him to 'earn it?'

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Exactly. He was annoying. Scarlett was funny. Same basic getup. And he got to wiggle tongues with her. Bastard.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Puke/blood/gross only works when you go WAAAAY over the top with it. (e.g. Family Guy puking fest; one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV) or you have perfect comedy timing (e.g. Farrelly Brothers films).

And since no one on SNL outside of a select group of maybe Kristin Wiig, Amy Poehler, Fred Armesin or Maya Rudolph has ANY comedic timing, then over the top will only work.

Speaking of SNL: can no cast members/hosts memorize lines? I mean, how many sketches have to be ruined by someone reading cue cards?

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

This thread was much more enjoyable for the brief time when it was about Scarlett Johansson.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

Then let it again be about her, or in other words, thanks for giving me an excuse to complete a Google image search of the beautiful, sexy, talented, and super-duper crush Scarlett Johansson. :D

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's a nice pic, CI. :)

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

From what I've ready about Lorne he is pretty weird about the show. He might just decide out of the blue that somebody has been on the show long enough. He might not have anything against the person, he's just weird like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted