1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"SNL" and "funny" in same sentence...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm really thinking the problem with SNL these days is Lorne Michaels.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Where's the WWE's Saturday Night's Main Event to rescue SNL?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'SNL' has taken a lot of weeks off over the last several years, so I'm not surprised by this.
    What's surprising is the number of people who still watch or still give a sh*t if they're showing repeats.

4. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

They've always had a three weeks on, one off schedule dating back to the 70s I think.

5. rgd

rgd Guest

They should find Mr. Belvedere in put him in a glass jar.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"Funny, SNL sucks."

Do I win?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's always a good sign when the best part of the show is the musical guest...

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm just wondering why people still watch...

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a valid question... We Tivo it and it usually takes us about 20 minutes to watch the whole thing... It's usually... Watch the opening, fast-forward until something looks remotely clever, watch Weekend Update and delete...

I think people are waiting for it to be good again since these cycles have happened before...

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

SNL is getting lazy.

They can't do a "Lazy Saturday" bit, because that would encompass the entire show.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

They were off last night because of live NASCAR.
    They will not do the show if there is a chance it will not start at 11:30, which is what happened last night.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Fine, though it's a little rediculous, since I think it started 20 minutes later than usual. But -- to show the damned show from 2 weeks ago? Why not show one of the "best of"s instead? Did they really think this was going to be better the second time around? Egads.

Draft saved Draft deleted