1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"SNL" and "funny" in same sentence...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, so I suckered you in with the title. But here's what's even more pathetically funny about SNL than usual -- this weekend, after a herculean two new episodes, SNL is showing a repeat. Oh, the stress of doing two shows after a summer's break. Now -- the ep they're re-airing? The season premiere with Dane Cook... FROM TWO WEEKS AGO.

"Just in case you didn't laugh back on Sept. 30, we're giving you a chance to turn the channel again! Ah, memories..."
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It boggles my mind how bad the show has become...
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK, smart guys.

You try living up to the same level of excellence without Horatio Sanz.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dane Cook as SNL guest host is a perfect marriage.

Not funny host for a not funny show.
  5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Dig up Belushi and Farley.........give Aykroyd, Chase, Murray, Sandler, Nealon all the money they want, and all the productive input they want..........show hasn't been funny in 5 years.
  6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Perhaps just another Brad Hall/Tim Kazurninsky/Charles Rocket era? The fact that the show has managed to stay on the air 30 years is nothing short of mind boggling. Over that length of thiem, there's going to be some down, way, way down times.

But, somewhere there's an Eddie Murphy, Chris Farley, Phil Hartrmann out there to round it back into form. At least that's their track record, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
  7. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Hell, adding JIM Belushi and letting him and Aykroyd do there tired and pathetic Blues Brothers act would improve this show. On second thought ...
  8. Flash

Flash Guest

Just Belushi. Stuff him and put him on stage. That would get more laughs out of me than that show has since Phil Hartman and Dennis Miller left.
  9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Active Member

I'm glad they are showing it again. It was easily the best episode of the year.
  10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But does it set up the rest of the season nicely?
  11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Active Member

Not so much.

SNL episodes usually stand by themselves, though you do usually spend the hour after the show shaking your head and trying to figure out what just happened.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Think this might augur some major housecleaning/shakeup?

I mean, you've had all goddamn summer. If you can't write enough stuff to fill three weeks worth of shows, maybe you'd better quit.

:eek: ::)
Draft saved Draft deleted