1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL -- 5/8 .. now with 100 percent more Betty White

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Maybe they can get Barbara Billingsley on next time. And she's 94-and-a-half.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

And she can speak jive!

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

CBS Sunday Morning suggested the same thing...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Only watched through Weekend Update before going to bed so I missed the census short and the Golden Girls thing.
    However my thoughts on what I did see:
    - opening skit: awful
    - opening monologue: Great
    - Magruber shorts: Pretty good. The first one was the best, then the third one with him proposing to his nana was just weird
    - Muffin: Absolutely killed. The best of the skits I saw. Intentionally reminiscent of Schweaty Balls
    - "She's a Lesbian": Good for some laughs
    - The Spanish talk show: Pretty bad. Betty's line "No wonder he doesn't like tacos" saved it from being awful
    - Weekend Update: Really? What were thinking by wasting time with that Whitney Houston bit? It was awful. The elderly fitness bit was ok - Betty saved it. The "really?" part was lame, but good for a couple of laughs. The news part was kinda funny.
    - Since I don't care for Jay-Z's music can't fairly comment on his performance
    - I don't remember what other bits I saw

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Probably the best this season, but that's not saying much. Let's not go crazy here. Go watch any season when Dana Carvey was on and tell me again with a straight face that anything about last night's show was an all-timer.

The last "all-timer" episode was last season when Timberlake hosted.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Amen, Slappy. As much has it pains me to bash a Cleveland-area product, she's just never been funny. And to make matter worse, she kept pulling up her pants during the WU sketch.

Molly Shannon cameltoe: Ewwww.

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

"IIIII'M FIFTY!"

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Anybody have a link?..NBC's blocked all the YouTube video clips of last night...

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Head over to Hulu. NBC's got most of the SNL stuff there. Or Huffington Post, or EW.com.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey Piotr: Ya, I could have misread it. It was a long day. :)

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

There are a couple that aren't out there on the web, namely CSI: Sarasota, which if anyone can steer me too it would be appreciated because I missed it due to taking a playoff baseball game.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And have been unfunny for 49...

Draft saved Draft deleted