1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL -- 5/8 .. now with 100 percent more Betty White

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Mar 11, 2010.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Oustanding show tonight - Betty White was a really good sport (and a very potty-mouthed one!)
    Wizard of ASS!
    The bizarre Golden Girls theme/digital short.
    CSI: Sarasota.
    The muffin/Delicious Dish (Can we get a repeat next week with Alec Baldwin?)
    And, of course... Blaarrrfingar.
    SNL, you are officially forgiven for January Jones.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

What about "The bizarre Golden Girls theme/digital short" was "outstanding"?

Or funny? Or clever?

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Dear Lorne Michaels,

Can we talk for a moment? Yeah, I know you're busy and all, but I wanted to let you know that if not for viewers and fans of Betty White campaigning for her to be on your "baby" (SNL), no one would have watched it tonight.

Betty and Jay-Z killed it tonight on the show. I stopped watching SportsCenter so I would watch your show again. I haven't watched SNL since 2002. I think you know why many viewers, including I, don't watch SNL anymore. But I'm not going to divulge into that.

I hope you saw how successful your show can be if you start investing in bringing in better quality talent and performers like Betty and Jay-Z.

In conclusion, I would like to suggest to you to offer this person a guest host role in the future:

[​IMG]

He's about the same age as Betty, if not older, he's funny as shit, and he's not dead...yet.

This must be done Mr. Michaels.

Get to it.

Sincerely,

SportsJournalists.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Best SNL in years, perhaps on the top 10 list of all time. Every sketch Betty was in killed.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

SNL has been on the air longer than 10 years.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Uh, look at my post again. :)

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Damn, Baldwin has a tough act to follow.
    Where in the Top 10 all-time do I put this one?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Sorry if I missed the implied blue font.

If your actual point was a serious statement that this SNL was of all-time caliber quality, then I would guess you've only watched the show over the last decade. If you meant to make a joke, then haha, heehee, I am happy to share in that joke.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, put it this way... it was one of the better ones in a while. I've watched for all 35 years, even back when I shouldn't have been watching... lol. And yes, even the god-awful dreaded 1980-81 season. Betty killed in a lot of sketches, especially the muffin and the police sketch.

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Well, the first part of the song was very heartfelt and well-done. Nice touch.
    And I thought the second part was done on a level that called back Natalie Portman's rap Digital Short.
    You've got some high standards. It's a late-night weekend comedy show - which was very well done tonight.

11. Piotr Rasputin

That time is now. It's been happening for a long time.

Not sure how I misread your earlier post. I think you missed my point.

Agreed. It was predictable and unfunny.

Heehee, nice girl actress swears and acts all street tough stereotype, yukyuk.

Haha, old lady likes loud music, what a knee slapper.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's what frequently gets overlooked when there's a rare decent show, like tonight.

It will be good next week as well, thanks to Alec Baldwin.

Draft saved Draft deleted